Thanks to all of the committee members who came to New York and joined us for the Friday meeting. Thanks doubly to those who attended the business meeting on Sunday. We will be posting official meeting minutes soon, but don't forget that early-bird registration for the Annual Conference is March 1. We want to see all of you there and at a great rate!Please think about applying for an IATC seminar, whether Young or Experienced. Definite info will be available soon, along with an official application to send to Larry.
2 comments:
(Zeez, you'd think it would let you copy edit.)
Though I've started journaling for my paper (we don't call it blogging, because I do it only a few times a week), I don't quite have the hang of these bulletin boards/electronic cracker barrels/whatever they are.
So I'm not sure where on our new blogspot I would post general comments, as opposed to comments on specific previous posts.
I'll do it here, since I was in NY, and I can start by saying that it was great to have an active, functioning international committee (IntCom). Under the leadership of Larry and Kerii, IntCom is in better, more communal shape than ever, with lots of information coming out on international opportunities. Just remember: all interest in attending IATC seminars (whether for young critics or "experienced") have to go through IntCom, i.e. Larry.
As for me, the only international theater I can claim to know well is London, since I get over there for two weeks most years. I'll be there March 6-12, double-tasking as guide to a group of 38 newspaper readers from Pittsburgh and also reviewing about 8 shows. I'll also be journaling daily in the Post-Gazette, if anyone's interested (wwww.post-gazette.com/theater/onstage), but I warn you it will be mainly chatter, accompanied (I hope) with pictures of happy Pittsburghers enjoying London.
In the future, I'd be happy to make my knowledge of London, such as it is, available to other ATCAns. I led an ATCA tour there some years back and imagine myself doing it again some day.
-- Chris Rawson (crawson@post-gazette.com; if you want to reach me in London, use cchr@pitt.edu).
Post a Comment